My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, May 20, 2011

the happiness project

imageI wasn’t sure what to expect from this book but if my friend’s recommendation is anything to go by, it could be fun. 
 The sheer simplicity & deeply personal nature of this read, makes me smile. I can relate to many of the authors insights & particularly like her straight-forward monthly format of resolutions & related goals- Which help to facilitate action & awareness.  This book reminds me to de-clutter mentally/physically, find fun in daily routines & focus on what really matters. In September’s chapter: Pursue a Passion, she suggests that if you're unsure of your passion then, “Do what you do.” Alternately, ponder what you think about, when when you’re sitting on the toilet- Because..that’s what you want to think about. Hmm, there’s a gd spot to finish up!! 
Note: This is the author’s personal Happiness Project. To start your own, check out her website or access the hold list, at the Tassie State Library..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!