My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Autumn gorgeousness

What glorious weather. I’ve given myself a heave-ho to get outside & soak up the sunshine while it lasts.

From my deck view, I can see a host of landscaping jobs taking shape.P4260215 Our Taiwanese helper has been busy digging & spreading top soil, while Mr. B finds an innovative way to rake it all out.

 P4260216

After my morning of sitting, I’ve a glimmer of energy. Always my undoing, but I wander over to my compost bins, regardless. I’ve been putting off emptying them, it’s heavy going but I love it. Sitting on the ground, I lose myself in the process of sifting, smelling, feeling & enjoying the whole earthy process. This was once our kitchen refuseP4260219, it’s fabulous fun- Even four buckets later!

P4250213

 

 

 

 

 

Lunch’s up- Homemade rustic organic pizzas. Zuki loves pizza crust, he’s sitting attentively at our feet. Lots of interactive messy fun, they’re yummo & as usual, we’ve made enough for six people, not three…..

2 comments:

  1. great looking pizza's !
    Good thing they are nice cold the next day - or did you manage to finish them ;)

    Your tips on herb drying are great at this time of the year - thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Killiecrankie Farm...We certainly did enjoy cold pizza's for lunch, next day!
    Recently, I purchased a baking stone online & would encourage anyone to get one, the next best thing to an outdoor wood fired pizza oven...which is on our to do list, next year?? And we also use Callington Mill organic flour for the dough-it has fab flavour & texture!!

    Glad to be of herb help, my herbs grow so much better after a good cull..cheers

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!