My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Watermark Exhibition in Cygnet

Biennial Art Exhibition & Competition..Inspired by sea & water. March 4th-20th, Cygnet Town Hall. Thursday-Sunday 10 to 4pm. Gold coin donation.

I’m embarrassed to admit, we’ve never been to Watermark. Life can be too social in the Huon, over Summer. With the beats of the Zumba class filtering downstairs, we wander in.  Before us, are 156 diverse works of art: Photo’s, ceramics, timber sculptures, metal, oils, pastels, digital prints, mixed media & much more. Wow it’s totally fabulous, I vote for my ‘people’s choice’ (a tough pick) & lament that I’ve missed out-my favourites are already sold. That’s probably a good thing, wall space ran out ages ago.

Next year, I’ll make it to the opening. Don’t leave it too long before checking out Watermark, your favourite might still be hanging unsold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!