My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Huon FM-95.3/98.5..

Today, I woke to the soothing sounds of Blues. Actually, it was Mr.B’s attempt to get me out of bed before 10am- Old hospitality habits die hard!

Seriously though, we do have the southernmost station in the nation,’ right here for our listening pleasure. Broadcasting around Huon Valley, Kingborough & Bruny Island, with around sixty volunteers based in the main studio at Geeveston. Huon FM is a diverse mix of music, local news, interviews & information about happenings in & around the Huon Valley & Kingborough areas.

For today: Tech news & Blues comes complete with an online technical resource posted for each episode or alternately ring in with a ‘techie’ question. Worth catching is Captain Nemo’s Bluegrass, country & folk etc, on Thursdays from 1-4pm- a big SHOUT out to the Captain!! For the foodies amongst us, try Food glorious food or up the Garden path… Huon FM program guide.. give it a go, it’s a lot of fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!