My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yesterday..

..we hit Hobart for a Piscean lunch.

Old habits die hard-I love watching Hobart’s food scene & spend many hours reading Tassie food blogs. More importantly, I put my money where my mouth is & actively support the industry that provided for me, for so so many years. With the excuse of a friends birthday, the Ivory Cafe in Elizabeth street, is today's venue.

Small & unpretentious, we nearly walk straight past. Once inside, it’s packed with mostly ‘city worker’ regulars. Great menu; clear detailed & even partially imaged for the less initiated into Thai cuisine. My test for today is the curry puffs & wonton noodle soup. The puffs rock, no oil even registers on my palate. And for the soup: fabulous fresh clean flavours, the wontons are stunning & the broth is complex & flavoursome. Really hits the spot. Service is efficient, knowledgeable & friendly. My fussy ex-hospitality crew are all happy-we have lunched in less than an hour, success!

Comfortably full, it’s time to pick up Zuki dog from his backyard play-date with Polly in Hobart; althou it’s prob more a case of him doing what she demands-she is a very bossy Sealyham terrier after all.

Ivory cafe: 112 Elizabeth st. Hobart Lunch Mon-Sat 11.30 to 3pm. Dinner Tues-Sat 5 to 9pm. Ph: 62316808 ..Loved it..C what U think!!!

For a curry puff photo & blurb..checkout The Fork ‘n’ Food blog (in my list)..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!