My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blackberry heaven..

..well almost- not long now!

P2110073

  • On my blackberry to do list…
  • -blackberry ice cream
  • -blackberry jam
  • -frozen blackberries
  • -preserved blackberries
  • On Thursday we picked 3kg of just ripe blackberries; well off the road so they’re definitely not sprayed. My mission: to make jam with slightly under ripe fruits, hoping they have higher pectin content. The result is a super rich, glossy & stunning jam. Inspired, I whip up a batch of blackberry ice-cream with Ashgrove pure cream, talk about live food, it blew us away..triple yum..

1 comment:

  1. Nice Work Ms A!
    I just remembered you once gave me your blog address and found it in my Wallet. A very impressive resource you're building. I've book marked it and I'll be sure to check on it from time to time. Give the B man a hug for me. Catch Y'all soon

    J dude.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!