My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Kawasemi Japanese Tea House..

P1190030 Last Wednesday we had a small window of opportunity to eat before The Spooky Men, since the gig's in Newtown, I convince Mr B to head to Moonah. Sounds a bit risky, well I have a cunning plan to try the Kawasemi Japanese Tea House. On previous attempts it’s always been full-there’s my favourite Heavenly shoes in the same arcade! Very cheeky to turn up without a booking but pre-show I knew we’d probably be ok.

Straight up, we are impressed with the eclectic Japanese decor, it’s neat as a pin. I glance into the kitchen, phew, it’s spotlessly clean & organised, that's always a good sign.


Service: Is pleasantly efficient, friendly & knowledgeable.
Food: Fresh, clean flavours & generous in size. We are impressed by the speedy delivery of our meals. The Bento box of sashimi, tempura, sushi rolls, pickles, salad, omelette & other mini taste treats is insane value at $18. The tempura is stunning & the sashimi melts in my mouth, accompanied by a taste bud explosion of wasabi. Mr B’s Beef Teriyaki is not what he expects; with two thinly sliced pieces of beef, but it’s still really delicious & generous in it’s portion.
P1190031
We finish with a cleansing Genmaicha Tea. Too full, we have eaten, paid & left a well deserved tip in under an hour. Terrific..we’re always on the lookout for unique & affordable dining experiences-we’ll be back real soon!
Open..Mon-Tues Lunch only 10.30-3pm..
Wed-Sat Lunch 10.30-3pm & Dinner 5.30-10pm.
109 Main rd Moonah (in Dickenson’s arcade)  Ph: 6278 1322
Takeaway Menu available.  BYO only. Bookings strongly advised.. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!