My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Folk festival magic..

I’ve been just a little bit quiet online lately, thanks to our frolicsome adventures at the Festival. With so many great performers & a heavy schedule of site volunteering for Mr B, we’ve been way too busy.

Luckily our visiting musician billet; had so much fun he didn’t have time to sleep, let alone make it past the outskirts of Cygnet. Even without his Mexican harp, he oozed enough charm to take out every female within a 500 metre radius. That left me with lots of indulgent solo time. In Cygnet though, you do have to allow time for chatting, life has never been so social.

P1160024

A few of my favouritesRapskallion: Dynamic, energetic, colourful & loud. Gypsy bohemian cabaret has never sounded so good-guaranteed to have you bouncing in your seat. Rhythm Collision: One of Cygnets excellent drumming groups. Fantastic beats, passion & Kate M you rocked! Victor Valdez: Suave & slick Harpist. Sang like liquid gold & played his own compositions plus well-known Latin American favourites. Jenny M Thomas & The System: Lively post modern Australian bush folk with fabulous fiddle, double bass & sublime female vocals. The Spooky Men: Once again a pleasure to catch, beautiful Georgian harmonies & unique melodies that had us laughing uncontrollably. Fred Smith: WOW..what a surprise. Lyrically adventurous, satirical & delivered with a razor sharp wit.

With all this fun & hungry for more, we couldn’t resist a quick Hobart trip to see The Spooky Men (pictured above) & Fred Smith play at The Polish Club on Wednesday night. A fantastic gig in a really surprisingly excellent venue but enough's enough…No more please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!