My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Urban life..

Inspired by a post on Susan’s blog, Huon view, I wonder what little things I do & don’t miss about leaving an interstate urban life. 

I don’t miss:
  • The drinking WATER-we still carry water bottles everywhere
  • Traffic, difficult parking & pollution
  • Endless days of 40+ degree temperatures
  • Howling North winds
  • The frenetic energy & pace
  • Water restrictions
  • A dry, sun-burnt garden
  • People asking what school you went to
  • Vast urban sprawl
  • Police search helicopters overhead
  • Impolite drivers & car alarms
I do miss:
  • The Central markets & Chinatown
  • Cultural melting pot of life in a large city
  • Cheap local olive oil, cheeses & boutique produce
  • Decent tasting mangoes
  • Endless dog friendly parks, a short walk away
  • Labyrinth walking meditation group
  • Large Middle eastern, Greek, Asian & Italian grocer/wholesalers
  • Italian pastries & gelato
  • Swimming every day in summer
  • Off-road city bicycle & walking tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!