My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Summer swimming..

This year I plan to toughen up by going swimming no matter the weather. Here’s my 3 Step action plan..

Step 1: Checkout the Huonville outdoor heated Pool. Opened on October 30th with a free come & swim day. Lap swimming started on November 2nd from 6am.

The pool on Heron St, has lovely grassed areas & is $5 for a casual entry. You can also purchase; a monthly pass or Summer season ticket to reduce the cost. Open 7 days.

Step 2: Buy a wetsuit to swim at our local beaches.

Last summer the water temperature hit 18 degrees. Beach swimming, without a wetsuit, is sometimes just too exhilarating. Hobart’s Anchor wetsuits in Goodwood, sell wetsuits made for Tasmanian conditions. Their direct factory outlet has wall to wall wetsuits to suit any pursuit, size or shape. Great personalised service, they also do repairs & alterations. This year I’ll be wearing wetsuit booties after a sharp encounter with an oyster shell at Drip beach.

Step 3: Checkout the Hobart Aquatic centre, further afield but worth a look & a good excuse to meet with a Hobart mate. And if the weather is really challenging, I can still feel like I’m on track…

1 comment:

  1. And if all that fails, there's always the thermal springs at Hastings Caves. I plan on checking that one out, might be my only chance to put on a swimming costume I think!

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!