My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fishing with a border collie!

Time to test Zuki’s sea skills after one previous excursion, which was a total disaster. He’s a bit older & maybe wiser now, so it’s worth another try..

PB300018

On the day, there’s still a few doggie glitches:

  • Excessive barking at every cast which sets off the farm dogs, on shore
  • Having a 25+kg dog trying to sit on my lap
  • Trying to bite the fish
  • Eating the bait
  • Lots of wet sloppy doggie affection
  • Keeping him in the boat when he’s trying to bite the waves
  • Having his nose in every bucket
  • Moving around the boat too much

PB300024

 

 

Back at the wharf he hops out the boat like a champion & seems happy to be back on familiar ground. A quick doggie dip follows, it’s hot work being furry & black in Tasmania.

PB300021

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been fun. Perhaps next time Zuki & I will break for lunch at one of the numerous gorgeous beaches. Yep, we’re really doing it tough, down here in the Huon Valley.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious. Laughed out loud at this one. We've often wondered about taking Baerli on a boat. I am sure it would be a total disaster for all concerned! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!