Time to test Zuki’s sea skills after one previous excursion, which was a total disaster. He’s a bit older & maybe wiser now, so it’s worth another try..
On the day, there’s still a few doggie glitches:
- Excessive barking at every cast which sets off the farm dogs, on shore
- Having a 25+kg dog trying to sit on my lap
- Trying to bite the fish
- Eating the bait
- Lots of wet sloppy doggie affection
- Keeping him in the boat when he’s trying to bite the waves
- Having his nose in every bucket
- Moving around the boat too much
Back at the wharf he hops out the boat like a champion & seems happy to be back on familiar ground. A quick doggie dip follows, it’s hot work being furry & black in Tasmania.
It’s been fun. Perhaps next time Zuki & I will break for lunch at one of the numerous gorgeous beaches. Yep, we’re really doing it tough, down here in the Huon Valley.