My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

It’s an Echidna..

This is our first Echidna sighting for Spring.

Zuki spotted this one & was sneaking closer to have a look. I smell a rat & follow him. I find this lil cutie with it’s nose in the ground, as they do for defence against predators. With the dog now sitting a respectable distance away, I tip-toe closer. It’s curious small dark eyes look at me, we watch each other for awhile. I’m surprised by the lack of spines on it’s back. Eventually it waddles away while foraging for food.

PA270019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!