My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Frankly Franklin..

We start the day, walking Zuki on Franklin’s foreshore. A gorgeous Bernese mountain dog appears, a gentle giant ‘playmate’ who is enjoying the thrill of the chase. Our dog happily worn out, we wander over the road to the growers & makers market. The first for the season, the Palais Theatre is brimming with stalls of Huon Valley artisan products & produce.

P9260019 I zoom in on a favourite, Earthly designs: Tasmanian hand made jewellery. Michelle’s jewellery is stunningly simple, earthy & feels organic. Her pieces are usually made with natural lava & gem stones; glass & Tasmanian wooden beads. It’s pretty hard to go past the green serpentine but today I go for a pair of spotted jasper ear-rings.

Next door is the indulgent Cygneture: handmade local chocolates & confectionery. They look like delicious works of art & award winning too, i see, by the sash in her display case.

P9260021 Naturally wood produces; groovy handcrafted Tassie timber kitchen utensils. They look & feel fantastic, with their natural wood colours, textures, shapes & curves. What more could a foodie ask for, it is present heaven.

Time for a pit-stop & chat at Kellie’s Culinary Corner, and my main reason for visiting. Her coffee is terrific & there’s always a yummy cake or two, to munch on. Today she has added soup & some goat smallgoods to her repertoire.  Kellie is the person to talk to, about catering for your special function in the Huon valley.

I have talked myself hoarse & I’m not even half way around the theatre. But my man & dog are getting twitchy, so I think..it’s time to head home..

              HUON VALLEY GROWERS & MAKERS MARKET..9-1PM..LAST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH SEPT-JUNE 2011..

Palais Theatre Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!