My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A field of daffodils..

On this stormy Spring day, the highlight is a visit to Coads Daffodils in Lymington.

P9290024A cute Jack Russell meets us while trying to see Zuki in the back of the ute. Greg hops off his tractor & shows us to the daffodil shed. Wow! I am temporarily mesmerised & lost for words; before me are the most beautiful varieties of daffodils I have ever seen. Each variety is individually displayed, named & priced. Finally the brain kicks in & I place my order for next season. We walk with Greg around their field of daffodils & tulips, what a magnificent sight, seeing them in bloom. This also gives me a chance, to see the individual growing characteristics of my bulb choices. It’s not hard to believe they have more than 400 varieties growing here. 

P9290030With potted tulips in flower & other plants for sale, Maureen helps me choose the Irises & I settle on 3 dwarf varieties. What an amazing garden & we’re delighted to take a final walk around it. It’s one of the best gardens I’ve seen, jumping full of colour, texture & interesting plantings at every turn. Really worth a visit, don’t delay they have extended their opening season until next Sunday, the 3rd October because of the Tulips.

COADS DAFFODILS

284 Forsters Rivulet rd, Lymington.

(around 10 minutes from Cygnet)

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I hope to get there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous, I arrived home today to find my bulb order had been home delivered, in true Tassie style. Thanks Greg.

    ReplyDelete

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!