My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tree change..Sea change..We change!


We're heading around Australia. Or so we think!
December is hot & the blowies are driving us crazy.
I need to escape this unrelenting heat & fierce North winds.
The solution-we head to the Spirit of Tasmania.

Cool Tassie is a breathe of fresh air.
Friendly, relaxed & beautiful.
We love the calm pace, so decide to stay awhile & explore the isle.


Rewind back to the 90's.

A seed is planted. I am mesmerised by the River Cottage TV series.

I just wonder, how cool would it be; to move to the country & be sustainable.
Anyway, enough of that silliness, we bought a house in suburbia instead.
Years later & back to the present, 2008.
With time
to explore, my River Cottage dream is starting to purr.
We spend most mornings, canoeing rivers & dreaming of change.
Afternoons are mostly spent, looking in real estate windows.


Late one day, we're at a window, a house catches my eye.
The view over the valley is breathtaking and the house is pretty cute too.

We decide on a viewing, am I ready to take this chance.

Sitting on the front deck, it feels like home.

In a blink, we decide to stay.

It's only taken 10 years to move to the country.
 And for me it's to be the very first time!


1 comment:

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!