My photo
Restless by nature, on a whim I blew off city living and my career, to try my hand at a simpler-slower life in rural Tasmania. It's going to be one heck of a learning curve..join me as I find my feet, fingers crossed!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Qigong weekend coming to Cygnet..


I feel lucky to live in the Huon Valley. 
To be surrounded by so much beauty, water & friendly people.
We have access to such a wide variety of arts, culture, events, food, festivals & music, right here, all year round.  There's something for everyone.

A special mention must also go out to our extraordinary practitioners.
Qigong/taichi, yoga, jujitsu, massage, bowen therapy, acupuncture, herbalism, psychology, naturopathy & the list goes on, there's too many to mention.
The Huon area attracts, like minded types into health & wellbeing.
It's like picking out, the best of the best & locating them in one country area.
What's the chances of that, happening on the mainland, within such a small population.
So, instead of going to Hobart to access these services, why not actively support your local
practitioners. Appreciate the sacrifices they've made, to choose lifestyle over income!

Now back to my original point. On Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd of October a fabulous event is coming to Cygnet.  
Simon Blow a professional master teacher of Qigong will be holding a
weekend workshop in the Supper room @ the Cygnet Town hall. This will be held from 9.30am-4pm on each of these days. It promises to be a wonderful weekend with a dedicated local turnout of Qigong followers, such as myself. 
I hear spaces will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.

For details of the weekend, see his website or there is a yellow notice on the big IGA window in Cygnet. See you there!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sneaky Advertising will be deleted!